What's new

Updated iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 and now have an annoying problem.

tnscottsdale

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1 today. The only issue so far is that every time that I move the phone from horizonal to vertical, it "Dings" like when I receive new mail. Very annoying. It did not do this prior to updating from iOS 6.01. Anyone got an idea how to turn this off? I cannot find any settings that would seem to control this.

Thanks
Ben

Should be able to do it in Settings. Don't have any iOS 6 devices on me to specifically tell you, but I believe it's under Settings.app > Sound.

If there is a setting for this problem I can not find it. It is a new "feature" with 6.1 as it sure was not doing this with 6.01

i can't find it either,i will keep looking though....having said that i haven't experienced that issue.

I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1 today. The only issue so far is that every time that I move the phone from horizonal to vertical, it "Dings" like when I receive new mail. Very annoying. It did not do this prior to updating from iOS 6.01. Anyone got an idea how to turn this off? I cannot find any settings that would seem to control this.

Thanks
Ben
does this happen in any screen? it just happened with mine but i was in mail and it was just once.

I have found the problem. It only happens when the phone is plugged in and charging. When I unplug it, then it will not "ding" when moved from horizontal to vertical. Thanks for trying to help with with this annoying issue.

I have found the problem. It only happens when the phone is plugged in and charging. When I unplug it, then it will not "ding" when moved from horizontal to vertical. Thanks for trying to help with with this annoying issue.
you're welcome,thank you for letting us know,i was going to close the thread but as my phone doesn't do this i will leave it open and see if there is more feedback.

Last edited:

It could be that yu have a bad connection at the 30-dock. So, every time you move the phone, you are, essentially, unplugging it and re-plugging it. Try a different Cale and see if the problem doesn't get resolved.

Marilyn