What's new

Update to 5.0 with Custom FW

Herzog

Reaction score
Hello
Now I'm using 4.1 (8B117) 05.13.04 (f locked) 3GS JB. I want to update to iOS 5. The question: how to make a custom FW 5.0 or 5.1? I have to unlock and JB too.*
Thank you for your help!

You may as well upgrade to 6.1.3 for a larger variety of app support. You won't need blobs for 6.1.3 as you would 5.0/5.1. Assuming you're using UltraSn0w, your device should have no issues unlocking again if you preserve the baseband.

Thank you for answering. But I'm not sure I understand. Have I preserve the my current baseband or I have to upload original 5.1 FW with his original baseband?

If you're planning on using UltraSn0w, you have to preserve your baseband. If you don't plan on using UltraSn0w, you don't have to preserve the baseband.

Hi,
I want to upgrade my 3GS FL FW 4.1 BB 5.13.04 - Custom FW, with iOS 5.1
Shall I preserve my current BB 5.13.04 or I have to upgrade and the baseband too (with the original 5.1 BB)?? After restore I have to unlock and JB.

Preserve your baseband if you're planning on unlocking using UltraSn0w specifically. All other unlock methods will not require a specific baseband. When using RedSn0w, it will prompt you asking whether or not you want to preserve the baseband. When using iFaith/Sn0wBreeze, make sure you choose to preserve your baseband.