What's new

Update or Not to Update?

NeoApple

Reaction score
Hello all,
My nephew just gave me his iphone 4s last week (he just bought a new one). Anyway, his ... my 4s iphone is running on 5.1.1 iOS, it also was unlocked from AT&T to use on T-Mobile network, and jail broken. My question is does it worth updating it to the new iOS, and do I have to re-unlock it for it to work with T-Mobile. I understand that I still need to re jail-breaking it after any update. The reason I want to update is that I can't use the Facetime aps on the phone due to old version of iOS. Any suggestion or recommendation is very appreciated. Thank you all in advance. :)

Hello all,
My nephew just gave me his iphone 4s last week (he just bought a new one). Anyway, his ... my 4s iphone is running on 5.1.1 iOS, it also was unlocked from AT&T to use on T-Mobile network, and jail broken. My question is does it worth updating it to the new iOS, and do I have to re-unlock it for it to work with T-Mobile. I understand that I still need to re jail-breaking it after any update. The reason I want to update is that I can't use the Facetime aps on the phone due to old version of iOS. Any suggestion or recommendation is very appreciated. Thank you all in advance. :)
If the unlock was done by AT&T, it's permanent and the iPhone won't re-lock if you update the iOS. The only iOS version that you can update to is iOS 9.0.2, which has no jailbreak. Updating is the only way to be able to use FaceTime, as you mentioned.

Last edited:
i have one IP4s, íts running 6.x.x iOS. Better you shouldn't update 9.X.X. It make your Ip4s lag and slow