What's new

Unwanted video

savag

Reaction score
When taking photos on my iPhone 11 it also records a second or three of video which I don't want and which I then have to delete later, when downloading my photos.
This recording can be avoided by pressing the small double circle at the top right of the screen. This pressing of the circle (not easily visible in sunlight) has to be done every time I return to the camera.
Is there any way of permanently avoiding making these unwanted short videos?
Thank you for any replies.

Go to Settings - Camera - Preserve Settings, and enable Live Photos.
When you open the Camera app afterwards, make sure to turn off Live Photos (the double circle at the top right), and this feature will stay off until you enable it again.

Last edited:
Go to Settings - Camera - Preserve Settings, and enable Live Photos.
When you open the Camera app afterwards, this feature will be disabled on its own within a second.
Just like that! I can't say that I understand the meaning of the instructions, but it works.
Thank you

I‘ve edited my reply. See above:
When you go to the Camera app again, turn off this feature, and it will stay disabled.

You‘re welcome.
Sorry to prolong this, but I should explain that it was Apple's instructions or advice, not yours, that I didn't understand; yours were plain enough and they are still working 15 minutes later.
Apple say 'Preserve the Live Photo setting, rather than automatically reset to Live Photo turned on'.
I don't really belong in this century.