What's new

Unwanted group type messaging

jestertab

Reaction score
Hi all,
We have had our Iphones for the last 2 plus years and have not had any real issues with them. About 2 weeks ago my 10 year old updated his Ipod touch which added messaging to it.

Since then whenever a message is sent on any of the 3 phones that are on the accout, they go out as "group " message and we all see each others messages and they all show up as being sent from the phone and there is no way to tell who the message is actually coming from.

anyone seen this before and can help, it is driving us crazy.

thanks

jestertab said:
Hi all,
We have had our Iphones for the last 2 plus years and have not had any real issues with them. About 2 weeks ago my 10 year old updated his Ipod touch which added messaging to it.

Since then whenever a message is sent on any of the 3 phones that are on the accout, they go out as "group " message and we all see each others messages and they all show up as being sent from the phone and there is no way to tell who the message is actually coming from.

anyone seen this before and can help, it is driving us crazy.

thanks

You should be able to see who sent it or the message bubble should be color coded.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

Did u try going into setting..messages and turning off group mag? Not sure about iPods but I would start there.