What's new

unlocking iPhone 5 for free

hello guys..anybody can help me how to factory my iPhone 5 for free..[emoji17]
It's unlikely that you'll find a free unlock for your iPhone 5. Both the carriers and third party unlocking services will normally charge a fee for unlocking a phone.

I agree that you are not likely to find anyone to unlock the phone without charging you for it. What network is it on, though? My phone was an ATT phone, but I am using it on Cricket. It works fine on Cricket because ATT owns Cricket and Cricket's network operates off of ATT's towers. I imagine the same would be true if your phone is T-Mobile and you went to MetroPCS, as MetroPCS is now owned by T-Moble.

Pertinent question is, is it currently under contract? For instanc, my IP5 is now unlocked. AT&T unlocks it for free, on written request, once the contract period on the subsidized phone is up and mine was up on the 12th.

Yes, good point, bear. I think mine was under contract. I purchased it brand new from someone in another state who could not use it. The manager at Cricket assured me it would work on their network, and he claimed that should I decide to change carriers even as little as three to six months from now, my phone will work wherever I take it. I have no plans to change carriers, but I sure hope he is correct!

OP, who is your carrier, and is your phone under contract to someone??