What's new

Unlock iPhone 4, ios 6, firmware 4.12.02 ?

oanav

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently looking for an unlock method for an iphone 4 with NO saved SHSH blobs, ios 6, firmware 4.12.02. I know an unlock would be possible if when updating to ios 6 I would have preserved my baseband and downgrading is not an option as I have no SHSH blobs saved...

I heared it's possible to get an IMEI unlock but the phone is locked to Orange Romania and I haven't found any website which supports this carrier. Also, if there is no unlock option for that phone, an unlock method for an iphone 4S ios 5.1.1 baseband 2.0.12 locked to the same carrier would be just as helpful.

So any ideas on how I could actually unlock it are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Unfortunately, there isn't a software or hardware Unlock available (to end users, us) for the 4.12.02 iPhone 4 baseband. Chances are... there won't ever be one. The 4.11.08, 4.12.01 & 4.12.02 BB's seem pretty much impenetrable to software (ultrasn0w) and hardware (Gevey interposers) Unlocks. You're only options, 1) Making contact w/ the originating wireless provider and asking if they will unlock, or... 2) Purchase an IMEI unlock from the internet. Whether you get it from a website, eBay, etc... it doesn't matter. (We do not recommend this method... however sometimes it's the only available option. With that, discussion of said Unlocking websites and/or eBay sellers WILL NOT take place here @ iPF.)

The 4S can only be unlocked using the Gevey SIM and an IMEI unlock. ApplenBerry is a recommended and trusted buyer for the Gevey. IMEI you would have to buy from your carrier or someone in your region that sells it since ApplenBerry and most eBay sellers have it for AT&T. Orange shouldn't charge that much for the 4S unlock if I'm not mistaken. Maybe 30 or so Euros?