What's new

Unlock iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone 7

supremo_gh

Reaction score
Can anyone help me remove/unlock the icloud activation lock on my iphone 7 plus i bought online?

Can anyone help me remove/unlock the icloud activation lock on my iphone 7 plus i bought online?
The only person who can help you is the original owner of that iPhone. The original owner’s Apple ID and password have to be entered to turn off iCloud Activation Lock. There is no way to bypass it. Where online did you buy the iPhone. If it was through eBay and the seller won’t unlock the iPhone or give you a refund, eBay will force the refund then go after the seller for the money.

@supremo_gh
I’ve removed the other posts and thread asking for advice with the same problem. I’ve also moved this post and it’s reply to it’s own thread, because the problem you’re trying to solve is not related to the topic in the thread where it has been posted at first.

Please keep the discussion of this problem to this thread only!

In addition to the very good advice above:
Loads of sites promise they will unlock an iPhone. They are scam. Trying to unlock an iPhone with the help of one of these sites will cause damage. It's not possible to use an iPhone locked by iCloud.

Last edited:
The only person who can help you is the original owner of that iPhone. The original owner’s Apple ID and password have to be entered to turn off iCloud Activation Lock. There is no way to bypass it. Where online did you buy the iPhone. If it was through eBay and the seller won’t unlock the iPhone or give you a refund, eBay will force the refund then go after the seller for the money.

I am in Ghana now and when I contacted the seller on ebay he said he also forgot the Apple ID and password. Really confused now.

Open an item not as described dispute with eBay right away. You only have 45 days after the end of the listing to open the dispute. Don’t let the seller string you along until the dispute deadline has passed. eBay will force the refund if the seller doesn’t cooperate. BTW, I don’t believe for a second that the seller “forgot” the Apple ID and password.

Don't believe the BS!! Get your money back and find a phone locally on CL or a different local classifieds ad. I would then contact and be able to look at the phone and make sure it's operational as well as being fully unlocked with no issues! That is JMHO. Some things should not be bought on EBay, I think a phone is one of them. You should just either bite the bullet and get a new phone or find one locally that you can place your hands on and make sure it has no issues or that it's locked up!! What you have at the moment is a pretty paperweight. Sorry, not trying to be harsh, just truthful. Do what has been suggested and contact eBay and PayPal if you used them and you'll get your money back no issues. And JMHO, I would not look for another phone on eBay. Just too many scammers these days!! Hope you get it all resolved and a phone that actually works!! Good luck and have a Blessed night.

Have a "clean" Iphone 8+ that's icloud activation locked. Obviously, I want/need to use this phone and need to remove the icloud lock. OK, what can be done? I saw that posts on this subject are over 4 yrs. old. Want to update this discussion. Who can help me out? TNX
Rick

The information in this thread is still up to date.
If this iPhone is locked with your own account, visit the next Apple Store and don’t forget to take the billing with you, so that you can prove you’re the owner.

If the iPhone is locked by someone else’s account, contact the previous owner and ask him to remove it from his/her iCloud ID. Otherwise you’re out of luck.