What's new

Unable to backup via iCloud

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been experiencing a problem with iCloud and the automatic Backup.
It looks like my iPh6s iOS 9.02 (jailbreak = jb) appears to have stopped backing up via iCloud last Monday.

I had not jb at that time in fact I jb 2 days later (Wednesday) so I don't feel its jb related.

Now I could be wrong but that would mean my iPh6s wasn't backing up for days and I just seemed to hit the time when I jb my device.

So far I have deleted the backup that was created last Sunday because I read on a forum that it could be corrupted.
I also turned off and on the backup option, iCloud option in settings but overtime I try to Backup Now it fails.

Clearly I can't call Apple support because they will automatically tell me to update my device to 9.1 if it addresses it or not.

So I come here for any direction.

Thank you

Why did you jailbreak? Practically all iPhone 6S are unlocked if you buy from Apple.

Why did you jailbreak? Practically all iPhone 6S are unlocked if you buy from Apple.

Purchased my iPhone form my cel provider.
It was a better financial situation for me.

You're not the only one in that situation. Reading your post above reminded me that I had noticed on Wednesday that my iPhone had not been backed up since Sunday. I tried to manually back it up, but the backup failed several times, so I gave up.

I'm just looking at my iPhone right now - it still hasn't been backed up since last Sunday, but it should do automatically every day. My iPhone is on 9.1, btw, and the update did not address problems with iCloud.

Here's what you can try:
Make sure you have enough iCloud storage. If necessary, upgrade your storage.
If possible, connect to a reliable network and backup your iPhone manually.
The only other option would be to contact Apple Support.

You're not the only one in that situation. Reading your post above reminded me that I had noticed on Wednesday that my iPhone had not been backed up since Sunday. I tried to manually back it up, but the backup failed several times, so I gave up.

I'm just looking at my iPhone right now - it still hasn't been backed up since last Sunday, but it should do automatically every day. My iPhone is on 9.1, btw, and the update did not address problems with iCloud.

Here's what you can try:
Make sure you have enough iCloud storage. If necessary, upgrade your storage.
If possible, connect to a reliable network and backup your iPhone manually.
The only other option would be to contact Apple Support.

I have 50gb of iCloud storage so that shouldn't be an issue.
Reliable network Im on my own home network so I think Im good, at least it should be.
As for calling Apple Support I don't think it would be a good idea for me to call them until I have exhausted all forum pair support, unless i'm willing to loose my jailbreak and Im hoping to hold out a bit longer.

I was thinking that I may have to update to 9.1 soon since I ordered the AppleTV, but I 'm not willing to do it just yet...
Actually I'm hoping there will be a jb for 9.1 sooner then later.

Thanks

You're welcome.

Just a suggestion:
Connect your iPhone to a different network and try to backup your iPhone. It's worth a try, imo.

You're welcome.

Just a suggestion:
Connect your iPhone to a different network and try to backup your iPhone. It's worth a try, imo.
Well does it count that I have a dual SID here setup?
I tried it on my Apple dedicated network and then on the Microsoft/Android network.

Neither worked unfortunately

I see a lot of other ppl have experienced this issue as well but I haven't come across any solutions yet.

I noticed someone on 9.1 so that clear the jb as the problem.