What's new

TxtForward-like app?

dunefreak91910

Reaction score
I have spent three hours looking for an app to do what TxtForward does on Android, Windows Mobile and Blckberry but cannot find any ofr the iPhone. I need, well not need but would like, an app (in case you don't know what TxtForward does) that forwards all sent and received SMS to a specified e-mail address. This is for my phone not to spy on someone so I don't care if it is blatant (does not need to do it secretly). I have found apps that you can pick messages to forward but none that will do all with no user required steps after setup. Has TxtForward not been made for the iPhone because the iOS won't allow it?

I actually have the same issue. I recently upgraded my Blackberry to an iPhone 4 and found I could do infinitely more with the new phone except for one crucial thing - "record" my text conversations. txtForward used to do this by emailing every incoming and outgoing text to my email account where they could be stored indefinitely.

If anyone has news or information on a comparable application for the iPhone I would definitly like if you could provide the information!

Further to this, I went and asked the folks who develop the app for blackberry why it isn't available for iPhone, and they said that the iPhone doesn't support this kind of thing at all: so either the API doesn't have the hooks in it to do this OR (less likely) the iOS doesn't have any way to do it.

I suspect it's the API -- so I guess now we are back to the iOS developers to find out if that's the case and when, if ever, the API will let the 3rd party developers do that.

Leah M.