What's new

two sets of contacts, one for work and one for personal

ThisIsMyAlias

Reaction score
I'm a new iPhone owner, coming over from Android phones. My employer only supports email on iPhones and Blackberry's - my decision was easy. My work email is using the built in mail app, as well as the calendar and contacts apps. My personal email account is through Google, and I'm using the Gmail app for that.

It appears that the only way I can use my Gmail contacts is by setting up the account in the mail app. Is that so? And if so, can I keep the contacts separate? I don't want to put all my work contacts in my Gmail contacts. The ideal situation would be to have my work contacts and my Gmail contacts separated, but as I receive texts and calls the contact's name is used regardless of whether he/she is from my work or personal contact list.

Someone else probably has a better answer but you can make different groups and put work in one and gmail in another. This is how I have my wife's and my phone set up. We share contacts so all are on both phones but only display our own personal group.
Hope that makes sense.