What's new

Twitter email notification problem

prflyer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have stopped receiving notifications from people I follow in twitter on my iphone 5S, seems they stopped a few days back (after the last app update).

The strange thing is I haven't installed the twitter app on my iphone since I only follow people and don't tweet. I only go to settings/twitter (twitter integration under IOS) and insert the username/password information. I installed IOS 7.1 when it was available and notifications were working under these conditions.

I have checked or done the following:

1- Turn off/on the iphone.
2- Done the hard reset (power/home button thing).
3- Checked all setting on twitter account via web browser (email address & phone number).
4- Removed people I'm following & added them again. Turned on mobile notifications.
5- Deleted phone number on twitter & added it again.
6- Checked mail & message settings in phone notification settings.
7- Deleted account under phone settings/twitter and logged-in again.

I'm receiving all other messages & emails fine except from people I follow on twitter. I use a hotmail account.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

First be sure you have Twitter notifications turned on in your phone's settings. Choose banners or Alerts at top.

$image-1376008013.jpg

Then go to settings in your Twitter app and tap on your account name. This should show you notification options.

$image-2404168454.jpg

That should do it.

Thanks Ledsteplin for your response,

The problem is that I have not installed the twitter app on the phone since I don't tweet. I just want to receive tweets from the people I'm following. Prior to a couple of days ago, every time a person I was following tweeted I received a notification (because I had configured the message/email app for this under settings/ notifications) and his tweet thru email or text message (not sure which one) . In other words someone I'm following made a tweet, twitter sent his tweet by email or text message, phone notified me of this new email or text message, opened the notification and read the tweet (all this without installing twitter app).

I have input my tweeter username/password and sign in on the phone under settings/tweeter in IOS 7.1 (I think this is IOS native twitter support, other services that appear under this section are facebook, flickr & vimeo).

Since I haven't installed the twitter app when I go to settings/notifications I can't configure twitter parameters.

Do you think resetting network settings might solve the situation?

Installing the twitter app probably will solve the problem but will be my last option.

Thanks

Hi Ledsteplin,

All options for email were marked but still wasn't receiving notifications. Did a network settings reset but didn't fix the problem.

Installed the twitter app and I'm receiving tweets/notifications now. I was trying to achieve what I was able to do up to a couple of days ago which was to receive tweet notifications without the need of the twitter app since I don't like to install apps that I don't use.

Thanks !!!

Hi Ledsteplin, All options for email were marked but still wasn't receiving notifications. Did a network settings reset but didn't fix the problem. Installed the twitter app and I'm receiving tweets/notifications now. I was trying to achieve what I was able to do up to a couple of days ago which was to receive tweet notifications without the need of the twitter app since I don't like to install apps that I don't use. Thanks !!!
You can hide the Twitter app way off on another home page in a folder with other apps you may not use. That gets it out of the way and you don't have to see it. :)

That's what I did, I have a folder (in a unused page on iphone) with all the apps that I don't want to appear as standalone. Thanks for your replies and help.