What's new

Tweek help

taylor4338

Reaction score
R there any tether Tweeks out there that tricks my phone into thinking its on wifi to save my data? All the tether apps I've seen from what I understand will let a device connect to mine and save their data but they will b using up my data if they r connected to my divice.

No, there is no such thing. Data is measured on the carrier's side, there's no way to block them from seeing how much data is being used.

Jmills87 said:
No, there is no such thing. Data is measured on the carrier's side, there's no way to block them from seeing how much data is being used.

So they only way I could save data would b if I had an unlimited data plan I could let my wife connect to my device and at least save some of hers right? That's the worst part I hate about having AT&T cause they don't have an unlimited data plan.

So they only way I could save data would b if I had an unlimited data plan I could let my wife connect to my device and at least save some of hers right? That's the worst part I hate about having AT&T cause they don't have an unlimited data plan.

Yes, if one of your devices had an unlimited data plan, you could tether the other phone to the one with unlimited to save bandwidth on the tiered data phone.

Sprint has unlimited data :)

Sent from my iPhone 4

Just depends on your area. I have 5 bars all the time

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

InkedAdrenaline said:
Where do u live, under their tower?

He may have 5 bars often....but I'm sure his Internet speeds are far from fast.

They are 2 different things ya know.

During the day the speeds do slow down a bit but it's because the tower closest to me has been having issues lately. It was fixed a few days ago and I've been getting ~2mbps during the day and a solid 3.5mbps at night. Not too bad for unlimited 3G data speeds right in the middle of Denver.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4