What's new

Turning passcode off?

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of having to type in my passcode every time I want to use my phone, and I really don't want to use a fingerprint either, so I was thinking of just turning the passcode feature off. My only hesitation is that when I do, a warning message comes up saying that my saved passwords and credit cards can be viewed by anyone.

Why would this be? I don't understand why someone would be able to see all this just by using my phone.

I'm getting tired of having to type in my passcode every time I want to use my phone, and I really don't want to use a fingerprint either, so I was thinking of just turning the passcode feature off. My only hesitation is that when I do, a warning message comes up saying that my saved passwords and credit cards can be viewed by anyone.

Why would this be? I don't understand why someone would be able to see all this just by using my phone.
They can do it because the passcode that protects them has been turned off. If you don't want to give everybody who picks up your phone access to all your sensitive information, you have no choice but to use a passcode or passcode/TouchID combination.

The passcode keeps people from picking up your phone and logging into your websites via the web browser or viewing the data stored in any other app. One alternate method would be for Apple to set a requirement for sensitive apps to require a passcode, but then you'd be entering passcodes all day long as opposed to only entering one to wake the phone. I know it seems like a pain but the current method is actually for the best.