What's new

Turn off sent sms tone?!

ChaseTexxxas

Reaction score
Is it possible to either delete or change the annoying "vroom" sent message tone? I have tried and looked everywhere and can't find anything! Please help

^ dont think thats what hes looking for. not the repeat, but the sent tone

ironcially im looking for the opposite. my sent sound has disapeared ever since i started using the carbon x theme and i want it back.

Wow I am completely stupid lol Ok heres the correct way for what hes looking for

Go to Settings > Sounds > Sent mail (Toggle) That should do it

That only works for mail not text.

I think you would need to find the sound file itself using SSH and either delete it or you may have to replace it with a 'blank' tone...

That only works for mail not text.

I think you would need to find the sound file itself using SSH and either delete it or you may have to replace it with a 'blank' tone...

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. My iphone is jailbroken with GreenPois0n and I went in through iFile and deleted it but it STILL plays lol. Can you please, if you don't mind walk me through the process of doing the SSH process?

Have you resprung your phone since deleting it? Or try replacing it with a blank sound file.

SSH is just a wireless way of acsessing the iPhones file system on you PC. You need openSSH from cydia and a programme like winscp on your PC or cyberduck for mac...

Have you resprung your phone since deleting it? Or try replacing it with a blank sound file.

SSH is just a wireless way of acsessing the iPhones file system on you PC. You need openSSH from cydia and a programme like winscp on your PC or cyberduck for mac...

That's all foreign language to me lol
I'm confused as hell

For get about SSH then. Lol.

Have you restarted your springboard or rebooted your phone since deleting the file? You may need to replace the file with a another one. Since you don't want any sound you will need make it a sound file that has no sound. Lol...