What's new

Message tone

Cal cats

Reaction score
Hi
hope someone can help me, how can I use something I have recorded to be used as my message tone been trying all sorts of things just can't find any way to do it, thought you would be able to do this on an iphone :(

For individual contacts, it's possible through Contacts.app or the Phone.app. Click on the contact, and scroll down to Text Tone, and point it to an appropriate ringtone extension file that you've transferred over through iTunes. If you want it for each and every contact, you'll have to repeat it for each and every contact.

If you want full access/reign on the SMS tone, you'll have to jailbreak your device as it requires that you to have root access to modify the tone files

Thank you Willerz2 but it's still confusing for me :)

You can make/convert ringtones on your computer, then sync them over to your device as ringtones. When you select a Text Tone, it will display the default tones as well as your imported/synced tones. If say you want Mary to have a Bon Jovi text tone but you want Joe to have a Metallica text tone, you can assign them the tone so that when they text you, you'll know who's who. You'll have to first import them, which can you read up on here on how to do so.

Thank you again for your replies will try and have a go :)