What's new

turn 4 into 4s

whseddon

Reaction score
i have a iphone 4s that i bought 6 months ago from craigslist, at the time i bought it the meid was clean and i had no problem hooking it up. it worked fine for 6 months then one day the phone went dead it wouldnt do anything just a black screen i hooked up my old phone and started googling what was going on. turns out it locked up and needed a hard reset i did the hard reset and the phone was back from the dead. i called verizon to hook it back up and they told me a month after i bought it the person reported it stolen and filed an insurance claim and they couldnt turn it back on. after some serious arguing and some choice curse words verizon sent me a free iphone4 which i hate its choppy and slow and nothing like my old 4s. verizon let me keep the old 4s and said i could use it with wifi my question is can i swap some parts inside and make my 4 perform like the 4s. and on a personal note this is a huge flaw in the provider and insurance companies system i used the phone for 5 months after it was reported stolen and not once did anyone contact me they just paid the guy who scammed both of us the good news is i have a bill of sale and now the fraud department is going after them.

Never buy a device unless it's a certified distributor/reseller. And the title is a bit misleading...

Last edited:
whseddon said:
i have a iphone 4s that i bought 6 months ago from craigslist, at the time i bought it the meid was clean and i had no problem hooking it up. it worked fine for 6 months then one day the phone went dead it wouldnt do anything just a black screen i hooked up my old phone and started googling what was going on. turns out it locked up and needed a hard reset i did the hard reset and the phone was back from the dead. i called verizon to hook it back up and they told me a month after i bought it the person reported it stolen and filed an insurance claim and they couldnt turn it back on. after some serious arguing and some choice curse words verizon sent me a free iphone4 which i hate its choppy and slow and nothing like my old 4s. verizon let me keep the old 4s and said i could use it with wifi my question is can i swap some parts inside and make my 4 perform like the 4s. and on a personal note this is a huge flaw in the provider and insurance companies system i used the phone for 5 months after it was reported stolen and not once did anyone contact me they just paid the guy who scammed both of us the good news is i have a bill of sale and now the fraud department is going after them.

I'm sorry about your phone problems, but I have to tell you that it's impossible to modify an iPhone 4 to turn it into an iPhone 4S.