What's new

Trouble saving images from Safari

Jcgator

Reaction score
My iPhone 6s Plus is my 4th iPhone and I do love it!! However, I am having trouble saving images from the Internet to my 6s. I never experienced this issue with previous models, so I hope someone out there has a solution!

To save images in the past, I held a finger down on any image for 2-3 seconds, and options would appear in a pop-up menu, one of which being "save image". The process was simple.
This has worked only a handful of times on my new iPhone 6s Plus, so I am wondering if there is an easier method to save images on the 6s.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!!!

Are you pressing hard enough or too hard? What I mean is that given the 3D Touch in your iPhone, are you getting no response at all?

Thanks for your response!
I have tried pressing on the image at every pressure level possible, in different locations on the screen, for longer than 3 seconds, etc. Nothing happens - no drop down menu appears, no change at all.

In addition, when I select the download icon at the bottom of the screen, a myriad of choices appear, but none of them are "save image".

I should also mention that both of the above issues seemed to work moderately well when I first got the phone (never as smoothly as previous models, but I chalked it up to my inexperience with the 3-D feature), but over the past couple of months both problems seem to have gotten worse. Now, both methods work MAYBE 10% of the time...and that's a stretch.

I'm wondering if there is something I need to reset the phone, or maybe adjust a setting within 3D?

Well, if you have t tried it yet, I would do a hard reset. Hold down the Home button and the off button until the display goes black. Let go and wait until it boots back up. Sometimes, that helps.

Some images can't be saved to Safari, simply because the option doesn't appear, no matter what you try. All you can do in cases like these, would be to take a screenshot.