What's new

Transmitted Pix Resolution Problem ?

Bob11

Reaction score
Hello,

My daughter in law has an iPhone; not the latest.
Think it is the one before the newest.

Pix she sends to us seem to be a bit blurry.
Looked at the "roperties" of the pix's we receive, and they are apparently
coming thru at 72 dpi.

Is there any way I can tell her to increase the resolution of
the pix she transmits by changing some setting on her phone ?

I am pretty sure that the iPhone does better than 72 dpi (true ?), so it must be
in the transmittal stage that the low resolution happens.

Any suggestions on making better ?

Thanks,
Bob

I just got into the iPhone myself. Old iPhone 4 because it's can now be used on Tracfone network. I thought it's 5 mp camera would be superior to my Android 3 mp camera. Can't see where it any better for inside shots, maybe better for outside shots. Probably should have went with the 4s, 8 mp, however twice the price was not in my budget

Just did a test. The 4 is much better with outdoor natural light shots.

I am assuming she it sending them to your email address? sometimes the IP limits the size of images sent through email, so she may be sending a "small" image so that it will send. She should have an option to send "small, medium, large". You can ask her to increase to medium or large and see what happens.

Hello,

My daughter in law has an iPhone; not the latest.
Think it is the one before the newest.

Pix she sends to us seem to be a bit blurry.
Looked at the "roperties" of the pix's we receive, and they are apparently
coming thru at 72 dpi.

Is there any way I can tell her to increase the resolution of
the pix she transmits by changing some setting on her phone ?

I am pretty sure that the iPhone does better than 72 dpi (true ?), so it must be
in the transmittal stage that the low resolution happens.

Any suggestions on making better ?

Thanks,
Bob
Here's what I do if I want to manually select the resolution of photos in my camera roll when emailing them. I open the photos app and select a photo to email, then tap on the box with an arrow at the lower left of the screen. I then select mail and enter the email address to send the photo to, the subject and any written message. Then I tap on the send button at the top right and select the file size I want the photo to be, tap on it and the photo is sent.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This only works for photos shot with the iPhone camera, not with imported photos.