What's new

Transferring pictures from Iphone to PC????

anors2

Reaction score
Hi. I am only new to all this so please bear with me. On my PC I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and I have I Tunes installed on it. I have an I Phone 4S and I want to download some pictures from my phone to my PC. I don't seem to be able to get to first base with this. Can someone give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this. Do I have to alter any settings on my phone to enable me to do this. Many thanks in advance.

Plug your phone in using a USB cable. Close iTunes if it opens. Right click on your phone in Windows Explorer and follow prompts to transfer photographs. I've found that deleting photographs after transfer can lead to problems in Windows so I'd recommend not taking this option.

Many thanks Kevin.....I will give that a go.

Hi Again Kevin,

When I do what you suggested Windows Explorer does not give me my phone option. I there a setting on my phone that I need to change to make my PC recognise it?????? I am still confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is what the OP did, but his computer is not recognizing his phone.

Make sure you are using a OEM cable. Also, make sure all your drivers are up to date. Have you tried rebooting your computer as well?

By explorer I think he means " click on my computer and click on your phone "
Mostly I use this way. To launch iTunes and sync seems to take more steps and time than this one. :)
And you can easily delete photos from iPhone after you transfer them to the computer.