What's new

transfer photo's to iphone 6

longshanks

Reaction score
Newish user of iphones and I have been given an iphone 6, now the problem I have is in transfering photo's from my laptop to the phone. I have the latest ver of itunes installed but when I connect the phone to itunes on my windows laptop although the phone is there under devices there is no photos icon! I have also installed "easy US mobi mover" which does tranfer photos to the phone but they dissapear after a few days. Some help and guidance please.
regards.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Online storage can get images to your iPhone. There’s an iOS app for Google photos, e.g. You’d have to import the images to Google on your PC, download the app on your iPhone, and they’d be available on your iPhone as well. There are also OneDrive, Dropbox, Flickr and other services that can make the photos available on your iDevice.

If you use iCloud on your iPhone, load the images to iCloud on your PC, and they will be synced to your new device.

Syncing the pictures to your device by using iTunes is another option. Here’s how:
Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

Thanks for your reply, but I just want to know why this icon is missing from itunes. I 've done some online searches regarding this and I am not alone, trying to get anything out of Apple is like trying to reserect Moses.

If I remember correctly the photo icon don't show up on the left in iTunes , Has similar issues when I had my new iphone6.
Good luck.

The best photo transfer app I've found is PhotoSync. Have it on my iPhone 6.

So easy to use because it gives you a URL link you can use in your browser to upload/download pics.

I can totally agree with you on that app its so easy to use. Brilliant its a shame that everything could be as simple as that PhotoSync, I also have it on my MacBook and iPhone6.
Have a nice day, David.

Used to be able to tell iTunes what folder you use for photo storage and it would sync into an album (Photo Library or Pictures) on your iPhone. Not sure any more

I notice that my win10 machine that iTunes Syncs with opens a separate photo program and updates it with new shots.
Think it’s a Microsoft product