What's new

Transcription on visual voicemail

cburnett565

Reaction score
Is anyone else totally hating this voicemail to text. It is horrible. I have the iPhone 6s and this new flawed transcription sucks!!!!! I have a problem listening to a voicemail. Sometimes it cuts out not even half way through the voicemail. Then everything grays out so you can not go onto next voicemail or listen to it again without problems.

I am with Verizon and have read others are having problems with this as well, through AT&T. I have sent complaints to apple and have called several times. There is no way of removing this from the phone.

Would love to hear feedback from others. I just came back to IPhone for the stability and simplicity. I had the Samsung 7edge and Samsung 7. I use my phone for business so this is very annoying. I am so thinking about going back to Samsung until they can fix this issue. How many others are dealing with this?

scifan57,
Actually yes, I have researched this issues very extensively and no help is to be found to help remove this from my phone. There are a few ways they tell you how to try to fix the problem, they do not work. I was asking if anyone else has this problem with their phone.

Mine works great on the audio portion but the transcriptions are usually pretty horrible, bad enough in fact that I sometimes get a great laugh out of guessing the real message after reading the transcript.

Mine works great on the audio portion but the transcriptions are usually pretty horrible, bad enough in fact that I sometimes get a great laugh out of guessing the real message after reading the transcript.

That's funny mine must be flawed some how. I can't even listen to voice mails with it disconnecting, then I can not get back to the next voicemail because everything is gray and nothing works. Weird and very frustrating.

That's funny mine must be flawed some how. I can't even listen to voice mails with it disconnecting, then I can not get back to the next voicemail because everything is gray and nothing works. Weird and very frustrating.

Have you checked out the link that is posted above?

As a side note to this conversation, I do think it would be great if we had the option to turn it off. I personally find it useless and poorly executed. It should be optional. Tell them once that it's not useful and allow me to turn it off.

This is a beta version i.e. Test

Yes I know it is beta. So you would think I would have an option to take it off my phone if I did not like it. And Yes I have done lots of reading on the matter including the link above and many others not mentioned. But thanks for checking in.

Ok newest update, someone suggested going into <settings>, then go down to <Siri> and changing the language from (United states) English to (Australia) English and I am trying that out for right now. I am hoping it works, it seems to be working.. When I go to voicemail, it now says "Transcription not available" I am so excited to get this off my phone, well it's not completely off, but it much more bearable to get my messages off my voicemail. Thank you to who ever suggested this fix. It is on the support page of Apple. When I use Siri she now has an Australian accent....LOL

She probably drinks lots of ice cold beer, and has a wicked suntan and long golden blond hair.
That's just something for you to think about.
Her name is Stella Siri

Oddly enough I use the Aussie accent on my 6S plus (have for quite a while) and visual voicemail and transcripts both work like normal

I started getting the transcription service on my iPhone 8 last month. I hate it! Ugh..wish I could turn it off. My sister left me a 2:34 min VM the other day...do you have any idea how long that transcript was on my phone? I just read the tips on trying to trick it into not working...will see if it works now that I'm going to be using SIRI with Irish English!