What's new

touch screen unresponsive after LCD and case change 3gs

fibreart

Reaction score
HI-
my iphone 3gs- an old but loved-
i had to remove my motherboard - the case on my phone(and LCD screen, and glass) where all broken-
took motherboard out, placed it in a new case, with new screen etc- all of which where working (from another phone)
all seems fine,
it turns on, i didnt loose any info-
BUT
the touch screen doesn't working-
aparently this has to do with the number 2 connector, but i cant see any damage, and i know its in right-
not sure what my next step should be...

Your first step is always to examine the ribbon and connector for the digitizer for pinches or folds. Then, check for damage to the pins on the connector and in the socket (which you've stated you've already done.) You're only option after that is to try another screen. My recommendation is to always buy OEM & fully warrantied Apple replacement parts. And, I always recommend that users purchase from www.ifixit.com... since all their Apple parts are OEM Apple parts w/ a 6 month warranty.

thanks for the advise,
as the screen was a fully working one from another iphone, i am assuming its ok- as i checked it before- lets hope i can find the problem, thanks!

fibreart said:
thanks for the advise,
as the screen was a fully working one from another iphone, i am assuming its ok- as i checked it before- lets hope i can find the problem, thanks!

Hello there;
We've deleted your other post on this same topic in the iPhone 3GS forum. Duplicate posts fragment the conversation and are also against forum rules.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator