What's new

Top 5 Missing iPhone 5S Features

There are some legitimate missing apps that seem basic on android, like led flashing for missed notifications. I bounce back and forth between the two platforms and am awaiting delivery of my 5S, but one of my favorite features is my S4 has an led on the front that flashes for missed notifications. Can even set it to different colors and flash rates for different notifications. The other is third party keyboards like swype or swiftkey. I use swiftkey and it has whole word predictions above the keyboard for the next word in your text, without waiting for a couple of letters of that word to be typed first.

Google Nav was another large missing piece, but they fixed that :).

You might want to review the history of Samsung and Apple when it comes to CPU/RAM and the release of new phones. Every single generation of iPhone has been faster than anything that Samsung has on the market at the time. Samsung then takes 4 months to design and build something new to finally beat Apple again. The current iPhone 5S is a Dual Core CPU and it already beats the current Quad Core CPUs in all Samsung phones. Samsung is coming up against a brick wall now. They can't just increase the CPU speed of the Quad Core due to the thermal limitations of cell phones. And they can't even consider trying to throw an Octa Core at the issue. And as for RAM, the reason Samsung needs more than 1GB is because of Android and the amount of overhead and bloat that is required to run it. Because Apple only allows native CPU code, they only need 1GB to run apps. Which by the way saves battery life. And this is why Apple can still use sub 1500 mHa batteries where Samsung has to use 3000+ mHa batteries to get the same performance.

And iOS is not less user friendly. It is more friendly than Android ever can be. What do you think the percentage of malware is for iOS? Answer is less than 1% (and that will shrink with iOS7). Look at it for Android, it's almost 10%. That means 1 in every 10 apps have some kind of code that can steal users data without their permission. The reason for that is? Because Android has two major issues. Android fragmentation and very poor app market monitoring. Now Google has started addressing earlier this year. But the number of apps that still pass the market scanner is still too high.

iOS may not have the interface and core app replacement capabilities of Android, but personal I would rather have my data safe versus having my data pretty.

You just repeated some of my words. No need for that... i already state that iOS does not need fast quad core 2.3 MHz CPU and 3 gb of RAM because IOS does not need that. Let me remind you that CPU on iPhone 5s is made by Samsung :D And if you think that quad core 2.3 MHz in Galaxy note 3 is slower than iPhone 5s CPU, damn, I must be dreaming. :D

Sent from Apple iPad 4

There are some legitimate missing apps that seem basic on android, like led flashing for missed notifications. I bounce back and forth between the two platforms and am awaiting delivery of my 5S, but one of my favorite features is my S4 has an led on the front that flashes for missed notifications. Can even set it to different colors and flash rates for different notifications. The other is third party keyboards like swype or swiftkey. I use swiftkey and it has whole word predictions above the keyboard for the next word in your text, without waiting for a couple of letters of that word to be typed first.

I'll give you major props for bring two legit issues to the table. LED is an interesting feature that should be in the home button. And the only reason iOS doesn't have Swype is because the wouldn't sell out to Apple. Apples arrogance, on this, is almost unforgivable. And yes they finally got GPS right. :D

I'll give you major props for bring two legit issues to the table. LED is an interesting feature that should be in the home button. And the only reason iOS doesn't have Swype is because the wouldn't sell out to Apple. Apples arrogance, on this, is almost unforgivable. And yes they finally got GPS right. :D
Flashing notification LED in the home button.. hmm, that WOULD be a great feature. However, it's too late now that Apple is using the home button for fingerprint tech. I wonder if there's room for an LED to the right of the earpiece above the screen.

Flashing notification LED in the home button.. hmm, that WOULD be a great feature. However, it's too late now that Apple is using the home button for fingerprint tech. I wonder if there's room for an LED to the right of the earpiece above the screen.

Actually the new fingerprint sensor is perfect for it. Side light the sensor. :D

Actually the new fingerprint sensor is perfect for it. Side light the sensor. :D
That would be so great. I remember my Nokia N8 - the notification light. I think adding it like you mentioned, would be a far greater "WOW" in public eye than the 64bit thing that is only of interest to tech guys like yourself. My wife and daughter for example will applaud a sensor....

They have saphire home button with fingerprint scanner. Who need a led home button now :D. Next thing, home button with hologran

I found another missing app lol, I used Screen Off and Lock on my S4. It is an icon that replaces the power button for turning off your screen. Easier and less wear on power button. Am I missing something similar in App Store?

Would be nice to find a screen off app for iPhone. One of the first apps i install on android.

Would be nice to find a screen off app for iPhone. One of the first apps i install on android.
Welcome to iPF. You can obviously check on the app store and search with screen lock or something like that. Any of the results may be one you want. :)

iOS HAS flash notifications, but iit is the camera flash which flashes.

How about active notifications like the Moto X has? People are liking it better than a flashing LED.