What's new

tonefxs pro on ios 5.0.1

Smcc

Reaction score
Is tonefxs pro compatible with ios 5.0.1?

Is tonefxs pro compatible with ios 5.0.1?

I found a way to get around it, sort of. I downloaded the Lite Version and configured my SMS tone to a sound that was specifically labeled along the lines of sms-received6, and when I resprung, go into (iPhone) Settings --> Sounds --> SMS, and the 6th sound down from "None" should be your tone. I changed the tone again in ToneFX, and it changed to the new tone automatically - the 6th in the iPhone settings. I would assume if you have a file sms-received5, it'd be the 5th tone. If'n that don't work, try setting your tone in ToneFX and then just clicking down the list of tones in the apple menu trial and error style. Hope that helps. Thus far, I don't think ToneFX 2 is working very well with 5.0.1, but I don't need tones for every single thing I do.

Way back when - many many moons ago (last summer) I jailbroke my iphone 4 and purchased ToneFX Pro after being extremely pleased with the demo. I now have the 4S and am happily jailbroken. I would like to use ToneFX on my 4S. Their website is woefully inadequate as far as providing ANY information. I am not even sure if they are aware of the fact that people are saying it doesn't work on 5.01 - their is simply no mention of it.

Just to be sure I am talking about the same thing: In cydia, it is listed as ToneFXs 2 (Pro). I am trying to find out if this will work on my jailbroken 4S. Does anyone have any info, suggestions, predictions - funny limericks.... anything?

Take care,
Rob

Still hoping someone can help me - but I know this may be a dead issue (I can't get the dev to answer me).

I went ahead and installed it - and my email sound stopped working. I had a custom one setup before ToneFX, then after I installed ToneFX and setup the custom tone within ToneFX, everytime I got an email I would see the popup, but there was no sound. I tried respringing - no dice.

I uninstalled, resprung - everythings fine.

Any ideas?

Tale care,
Rob

Is this still not working or am I just really thick?

I downloaded the trial of ToneFXs 2 Pro to try and change the Gmail notification sound. When I installed it, I changed the tone immediately and tested my email tone - but its still the same default sound and its really annoying me. Am I doing something wrong or does this still not work with iPhone 4S running 5.0.1?

Can't buy until it works!

Specs: iPhone 4S
Firmware: 5.0.1b