What's new

To upgrade or not?

I'm looking forward to the Iphone 4S.
I have to wait till January so I can finally change phone.

if your already holding out till january why not hold off a few more months till WWDC 2012 which is already scheduled for June 2012 and see if anything is announced their.

I had the same decisions as you, but in the end I pre-ordered a black 4S

I am going to try my 4 with the IOS5 for awhile and see if it still warrants an upgrade to the 4s in about a month's time...

I do what to say that Itunes is idiot proof as I synced my phone like 7 times today not realizing just restarting the phone after the first wifi sync would set the setting on permanent.

I have heard many people saying that they are waiting till the next iPhone to be released next year. But the last 2 years there has been many reports that apple want to push their big product release (the iPhone) to be in line for Christmas sales. Using the march to June time for secondary or iPad releases. I would believe the next iPhone will probably be closer to end of October november next year. Then later the following.

if your already holding out till january why not hold off a few more months till WWDC 2012 which is already scheduled for June 2012 and see if anything is announced their.
I'm desperate and can't get a contract by June.
So I'll have to go for 4S. It also has SIRI which is a strong point about the phone.

Beware said:
I am seriously contemplating going from the 4 to the 4s bc one of my lines can upgrade now. Would you do it for 199 or is there not too much of a difference for anyone to spend the money?

I would ! I love it. My daughter has the 4 and it is a lot faster. Everything is smooth and JUST WORKS!!!

The main thing that made me upgrade was the fact that i needed more storage so have gone from a 16g 4 to a 64g 4s, that and my daughter needed a phone so she now has my iphone 4 , i'm thinking that i may not upgrade to the iphone 5 next year it depends on what wow factor its got .so far the 4s seems faster but i don't know if that's ios 5 or the new processor , the iphone 4 is still a really great phone but the novelty of siri may or not wear off over time