What's new

To upgrade or not?

Beware

Reaction score
I am seriously contemplating going from the 4 to the 4s bc one of my lines can upgrade now. Would you do it for 199 or is there not too much of a difference for anyone to spend the money?

The difference is huge, I would surely go for the iPhone 4S if money is not a concern.

I have the money but was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me and what they did.

I'm in same boat with you and I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 4S factory unlock as soon as they are available.

I may upgrade but I really want some real world use of Siri before i do

I upgraded to 4 but I'm wondering should I give up the extra 50 and get 4S before my 30days is up

i'm in the same boat i have an iPhone 4 now from Verizon and can upgrade in 2 months. I don't know if i want to upgrade or hold out another 6 months for the next WWDC event which is scheduled for June 2012 to see what they announce then.

Garrett said:
i'm in the same boat i have an iPhone 4 now from Verizon and can upgrade in 2 months. I don't know if i want to upgrade or hold out another 6 months for the next WWDC event which is scheduled for June 2012 to see what they announce then.

Must've been on Verizon for a while.

Must've been on Verizon for a while.

not terribly long +/- 5 years now. The reason i can already upgrade is i didn't use an upgrade when i got my iPhone 4 on Verizon. I got really lucky and was able to buy a 2 month old iPhone 4 for 250 bucks from a friend that got sent to Singapore for 3 years for work.

Garrett said:
not terribly long +/- 5 years now. The reason i can already upgrade is i didn't use an upgrade when i got my iPhone 4 on Verizon. I got really lucky and was able to buy a 2 month old iPhone 4 for 250 bucks from a friend that got sent to Singapore for 3 years for work.

Nice.

Upgrading to the 4s from the 4 is a waste in my opinion. A better camera, faster processor, and siri are the main differences. My 4 is fast enough and my camera os more then adequate! I'll wait for the 5!

If money Is not an issue than why not do it. A newer better phone. In my case money is an issue. So I pre-ordered the 32gig 4S Friday and turned around and sold my 16 month old iPhone 4 on Saturday for $335.

upandown76 said:
If money Is not an issue than why not do it. A newer better phone. In my case money is an issue. So I pre-ordered the 32gig 4S Friday and turned around and sold my 16 month old iPhone 4 on Saturday for $335.

Awesome!!! As good as free. Have my 2 year old 3G up for auction starting at 100got two more days n already got 1 taker.

I'm looking forward to the Iphone 4S.
I have to wait till January so I can finally change phone.