What's new

This is me -- Dave Birley

David Birley

Reaction score
Hey, folks, I am just an old dude. I tell my grandchildren that I was born before milk was invented. I am currently a sophomore at Winthrop University where several of my instructors are younger than my children, and most of my fellow students are younger than my grandchildren! Seriously, just had my 80th. I have already earned my JADOF degree (Just Another Dang Old Fool), but am working towards a BA in English (Creative Writing). My past goes all the way back to the Great Depression, when I was born in Victoria, BC, Canada. By the time I was 18 I had been around a bit, including England, Switzerland, and East Africa. At that point I signed on with the Royal Air Force for a 5 year hitch as a Ground RADAR Mechanic, followed by a brief venture into the Canadian Banking system, followed by over 50 years pointing a camera at folks and getting them to smile. In between I messed around in theatre, sang in Regional Opera Choruses for 28 years, and finally retired. With nothing better to do with my time, I decided to get the college degree that had somehow got missed on my bucket list earlier. That should be enough for the "Getting to Know Ya" thread.

Hello David, Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to iPF.net, Dave! I'm an old dude too. Just turned 62 today!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, David! I'm sure you'll enjoy learning all you can about iPhones and other iOS devices.

Welcome! What a wonderful life you are leading! Kudos to earning your degree! It does a brain good to be used! LOL! Enjoy the site and I am sure we can also learn a thing or two from you!