What's new

This app can save your life!

sssteve

Reaction score
This is really an app that can save your life.
It's called "Mayday Light" and if you are in a car accident it will automatically send email messages to whomever you want to notify, that you may have been in an accident and exactly where it happened.
Here's a link to a review:
MayDay Light
Here's the link to the page with information about it.
M A Y D A Y
And here's the link to the iphone store where you can download it.
MayDay Light for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

this is a great idea. I used to rock an Android (I know, I know) and there was a great that kept you from falling asleep while GPS Navigation is on - anything similar for iphone?

We're working on several spinoffs for Mayday. It can do a lot of things other than the accident notification.

Mayday Pro will be released sometime in the next few days. It send emergency notification via SMS as well as email.

It's a awesome app which will inform your relative whenever you got an accident. I will try it in my iPhone.

This is not an app which can provide instant gratification. It is not a game. It won't help you find a restaurant. It won't help you pass the time on a train.

All it can do is save your life. Think about it.

this is really an awesome concept. goes to show the ios platform can do much more than just gaming!

hi,

I am Alexiscavin i m 100% fully agreed with this that This app really can save your life as very helpful for people.If you are in a car accident it will automatically send email messages to whomever you want to notify, that you may have been in an accident and exactly where it happened.

If the application works it would be grate. What I would to know is how it works? How is an accident detected?

Mayday is an application which definitely works. The iPhone has on-board accelerometers and a speed detector for the GPS. Using the speed detector, Mayday knows that you are moving. It then uses the accelerometers to detect a sudden decrease in speed which is a very good indicator of an accident.

Don't forget that there are 2 versions - Mayday Light, and Mayday Pro.

Mayday Light only sends email messages while Mayday Pro sends SMS messages as well. The Pro version is far more effective, although it's far better to drive carefully and avoid accidents.

And of course, they both work.