What's new

think the iphone5 is worth the wait?

For me, I am hoping it is 4G/4LTE capable. That would make it worth the wait.

Looks like you're going to be waiting a while then. The 5 will not be 4g

Hard for me to understand why any new smartphone would be launched without 4G/4LTE capability. If Apple was launching this as a 4* phone, that might make it easier to swallow as to why it would still be a 3G phone but for the iphone 5....??

dihtn said:
Hard for me to understand why any new smartphone would be launched without 4G/4LTE capability. If Apple was launching this as a 4* phone, that might make it easier to swallow as to why it would still be a 3G phone but for the iphone 5....??

Hey. Marketing is marketing. Apple has a formidable following. They release 4g LTE now we won't have anything to complain about and apple will not have that upper hand on consumer demand if they release a 4g device. What will they do then? Release one now without LTE now and score millions and then 6 months later release a LTE device and score more millions. What would you do? Apple isn't anything like android. Apple holds the throne with one device while android is making thousands of android devices with all these features and they can't seem to get neither right. Apple is smart.

dihtn said:

Hey. Marketing is marketing. Apple has a formidable following. They release 4g LTE now we won't have anything to complain about and apple will not have that upper hand on consumer demand if they release a 4g device. What will they do then? Release one now without LTE now and score millions and then 6 months later release a LTE device and score more millions. What would you do? Apple isn't anything like android. Apple holds the throne with one device while android is making thousands of android devices with all these features and they can't seem to get neither right. Apple is smart.

Either way you look at it..their smart or we're stupid...it works for Apple.

Cya

Definitely worth the wait. Even if it turns out the Iphone 5 isn't that great(which isn't possible) you can still get the iphone 4 for a cheaper price. It's a win-win situation if you wait.

Well seeings how I'm just on a 3G and my contract expired last month, I'm ready! Going from a 3G to the i5 will be like going from a Model T to a Porsche I suspect.

I am REAL interested in the proprietary chat feature coming up in OS5 and how that will play with the i5.

I'm not available for an upgrade until Jan 2012 so I don't think I will be getting the 5 unless I sell my iPhone 4. The 5 would need to have some mind blowing features for me to want to upgrade since I still love my 4.

i still have my iphone 4 2 year contract so ill prob wait till the 6 comes out

I will definitely wait until the "IP6" comes out. I think the IP4 is great. Obviously, the "5" will have better features but not enough (I don't think) to upgrade for it. The "6",IMO,will definitely be better. Especially if rumor holds true that the "5" will not be 4G.

I've always bought every other iPhone upgrade since owning one. To me it seems worth it doing it that way. Of course, I may be a minority here when I say I don't have to have the latest and greatest tech gear every time it comes out. ;)

I think iPhone 5 is would be worth the wait for those that don't currently own the iPhone 4.

From iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 the upgrades might not be significant enough for most to upgrade unless you would want the "latest and greatest".

Decifered said:
I think iPhone 5 is would be worth the wait for those that don't currently own the iPhone 4.

From iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 the upgrades might not be significant enough for most to upgrade unless you would want the "latest and greatest".

This exactly what I think. Although I could be proven wrong!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

darkstar2007 said:
This exactly what I think. Although I could be proven wrong!

It will most definitely be worth it to non apple users. I wonder how many bb users will make the switch

iCrank said:
It will most definitely be worth it to non apple users. I wonder how many bb users will make the switch

I'm willing to bet 20-30% will. I bet iOS 5 will bring some android adopters as well.

dihtn said:

I understand what you are saying. I wonder how strong sales will be for the iphone 5 without 4g/LTE as compared to other iphone launches? How long do you think Apple will wait to launch their 4g/LTE iphone? I am within my renewal window for a phone with Verizon and am looking at the iphone 5 as well as other devices. I currently own a Droid 1 and have been very happy with it up until the last few months as it has dramatically slowed down.