What's new

The Trail is a Gentle, Relaxing Adventure From a Gaming Legend

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
The Trail out now.JPG

The App Store’s Editor’s Choice this week, The Trail, was developed by 22cans, an indie developer founded by legendary gaming figure Peter Molyneux, who was responsible for such games as Black & White and Fable.
“The Trail has been an exciting project for me” said 22cans Founder and Creative Director, Peter Molyneux. “It allowed me to get back to my roots as a game designer and put my passion for creating transformative play experiences into this unique and engaging game for today’s mobile audiences. My hope is that whether they have 5 minutes or 5 hours to play The Trail, they continue thinking about their journey long after the game screen has been closed.”
In the game, players get to take to the open road and set out to explore a country trail through the beautiful wilderness, complete with the beautiful sights and sounds of nature. Along the way you get to meet people from all over the world, and collect items to craft and sell in a bid to build a town and create a community.
“When I saw The Trail, I knew it was a special game and one that we had to publish,” said Emily Greer, co-founder and CEO of Kongregate. “It’s been a pleasure to work with Peter and his team, and I am proud that our company’s founding principles of supporting indie developers and bringing truly unique game content to players worldwide are as true now as it was when we started the company 10 years ago.”
It’s a really sweet, charming, relaxing and fun game to play, reminiscent of Sony’s Tearaway in terms of its visual style. Well worth downloading!
Click here to download The Trail: The Trail - A Frontier Journey on the App Store
Source: Kongregate