The Music Thread

One more:


Yesterwynde.webp
 
Looking through some new arrivals. David Briggs has recorded his own transcriptions of Mahler's 5th and 8th symphonies and Mahler's orchestral songs. His performance of Mahler's 2nd is available on YouTube and he sells recordings of it at his recitals but, as far as I'm aware, it isn't commercially available.

Turns out, he's also a composer:

1200x1200bb-5.webp
 
I usually start the day with a classical work, along with a coffee. Today, it was the turn of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos.

Bach_ Brandenburg Concertos #1-3.webp
Bach_ Brandenburg Concertos #4-6.webp


After that, it can go in any direction, sometimes as a result of what someone else is posting.


Bartok_ Concerto For Orchestra, Music For Strings, Percussion & Celesta.webp


This one is a recent example. I didn't actually know I had this, until I was looking to see exactly what I did have.

This band has my attention lately. Austrian symphonic rock, which someone pointed out as being similar to Nightwish and Epica.

1200x1200bb-1.webp
 

Latest posts

Back
Top