What's new

The iPhone 6 is Drawing Android Users Over/Back to Apple

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6-bigger-than-bigger.png

Apparently, interest in the new iPhone 6 has reached such a fever pitch, it is easily drawing Android users over (or back) to iOS. Supposedly, 1 in 3 Android users is considering switching from Android to the new iPhone 6.

In fact, according to one report (from trade-in website Gazelle), “during the week that Apple announced the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Samsung trade-ins increased with the announcement of new iPhones, jumping more than 3X week-over-week.” According to surveys, the prime reason Android users are considering the move is because of the larger screen on the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. The other big reasons cited were improved battery life and better third party app support on iOS.

It almost makes you wonder why Apple didn't upgrade the size of the iPhone sooner. Regardless, it looks like Apple is likely to take back some of the marketshare they lost to Android in the past. We aren't surprised.

I'm not surprised either. I know of three alone that have gone back to iPhone and another possible, I think the larger screen is the biggest draw, Apple lost customers last year because of their seeming reluctance to move on.
The sales figures so far for iPhone 6 bear that out.

I switched my every day carry device from an iPhone earlier this year. The larger screen definitely brought me back to the iPhone!

Let's not forget....802.11ac Wi-Fi......NFC technology...voice on text.....
Yeah...and the bigger screen is nice, too......!!:)
What's NOT to love???!!!:D