What's new

The Camera

brixtonboy

Reaction score
I am very interested in the performance of the new camera against the IPhone 6 one.
I wonder if it would be possible for a member to set up a photo from a given fixed position, with foreground and hinter ground depths the same.
Then when they get their iPhone 7 take the same photo.
I realise the light may not vary a little, but it's just a guide.
I plan to do this with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 Plus

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Ok people at 15.30 Europe time l took 2 photographs
the first with my iPhone 5s the second with
an iPhone 6 Plus.
The wooden figure is exactly 1 metre away. The photographs have not been changed in any way.
The only problem l have is with my iPhone 5s the extra charger. lt might be the reason that photograph is darker.
They are posted at medium size.
4afe4489d2526205ba1dd7d715b1cc69.jpg
0ad98675c8109f056c884213ce3b8e40.jpg
e93dfaf05c706c7b3745b6ea4ef9bb54.jpg

If when you get an iPhone 7 you could set up something similar and post it her for me l'd love to see it
thanks K
727c55982ee52c8d2237d3b9bb83fedf.jpg

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Last edited:
They look pretty close to my eyes, i understand to get the new zoom lens you have to buy the 7Plus.
I take some pictures with my iphone6, but it does not come close to the picture quality i get using my Canon G16.
But i understand the iPhones limit's as a camera, but for what it has it's a good system.

The reason for my little test was to see if there was any Wow look at differences. Personally l see none, l didn't have SLR cameras by me at the time.
However an iPhone has many functions not just taking photos. But l would still like to see the improvement over earlier models.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I have not done a comparison test yet of image quality iPhone 6 vs 7. However, the file size of the the 7 images are larger that those of the 6. I usually open my files in Photoshop at 300 ppi for print quality. The file size in inches: iPhone 6 is 8.16 x 10.88; iPhone 7 10.08 x 13.44.

No idea if that helps:
I took a photo with my SE, which has the same technical specifications as the 6s camera, and then with the iPhone 7 Plus. The angle is not exactly the same (sorry). Other than that, you should also notice a slight difference in the quality of the images. They are not edited (just my son's information/website blurred).
iPhone SE:
IMG_5933.JPG

iPhone 7 Plus:
IMG_5934.JPG

If you blow the two pictures up, wham what a difference!