What's new

The "Anything Goes " Thread.

In Germany it’s holiday, school teachers had today frei as well a bridging day or something, time for you to move [emoji38]
That’s a national holiday. Ours is on October 26, and we’ll have free the next day as well, so I’ll have plenty of time to order my next iPhone.
I prefer it that way. No moving. :)

360134F3-DF70-4A63-810C-4FB8C05C5689.jpeg

Had an appointment today was asked to wait, no problem. Whilst looking around the room full of various items and reading newspaper articles pinned on the walls, the idea was if you like something it’s yours. No need to pay nothing.
Totally confused. Because before reading l liked this:
IMG_0867.JPG

Marilyn my love
I must have misunderstood, so l asked can l buy this she said no just take it, when we are finished. These are items that people bring to us, they have no use for them anymore. They don’t take electric items for obvious reasons. But l have lived in this area for 15 years and never heard of this place. As it’s nearly Christmas for my next visit I will be taking these chaps with me
IMG_0868.JPG

Washed maybe

Is this mainly an American forum because a lot of what you talk about seems totally alien to me :). What the hell is A1 sauce?

I am going to America for Christmas, we fly to a town called Los Angeles, then get a car and will drive around America, I hear the roads are bigger over there but you drive on the wrong side, I guess it will take some practice changing gears with my right hand. Do you have nice country pubs like here in England? Any tips would be appreciated as I am there for 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Is this mainly an American forum because a lot of what you talk about seems totally alien to me :). What the hell is A1 sauce?

I am going to America for Christmas, we fly to a town called Los Angeles, then get a car and will drive around America, I hear the roads are bigger over there but you drive on the wrong side, I guess it will take some practice changing gears with my right hand. Do you have nice country pubs like here in England? Any tips would be appreciated as I am there for 2 weeks.

Thanks.
A1 sauce is a steak sauce, similar to HP or Worschestershire sauce.

Cities are further apart in America so you’ll have a lot of driving to do. If you drive in any of the northern states, you could see more icy roads and snow than you’d see at home. The Colorado Rockies can get over 50 feet of snow in winter.

If you like Disney, the original Disneyland is in Anaheim, not too far from Los Angeles.

Thanks.

I lived in LA for year, it's a nice quiet little town. [emoji23]

It's huge, but you can experience almost all of what it is like here within a couple of hours of there. Mountains, beaches, desert, Las Vegas, monster city and small towns, Los Angeles has it all.

How much time do you have? The Pacific Northwest is beautiful, Colorado will bring memories that will amaze you years later. The Midwest is so green you won't believe it. Texas is... well, Texas - not much else to say there. The Florida beaches, between Pensacola and Panama City are white sugar sand beaches, the Appalachian mountains have a very old feel to them and any day in New England is a great day, but especially during Autumn when the leaves are turning.

I've visited or lived in most of our big cities and each has a completely different flavor. Wherever you go while here you will enjoy the trip, and driving adds so much.

A1 sauce is a steak sauce, similar to HP or Worschestershire sauce.

Cities are further apart in America so you’ll have a lot of driving to do. If you drive in any of the northern states, you could see more icy roads and snow than you’d see at home. The Colorado Rockies can get over 50 feet of snow in winter.

If you like Disney, the original Disneyland is in Anaheim, not too far from Los Angeles.
Thanks for the reply and looking forward to trying some of that A1 sauce :)

We arrive in Los Angeles then drive to a place called Palm Springs for a couple of days then nip over to Las Vegas for 4 days then popping up to San Francisco for a few days, then down the coast via Santa Barbara back to Los Angeles and home, was going to go to Hollywood but having seen what that shower of crap gets up to I have no interest in going anywhere near the place! I was going to drive from Vegas to SF via Reno but have listened to what you said about snow and ice and will now go back towards LA and then up, it looks pretty simple on the map.

My only problem is the cars over there have strange names so I have no idea what is what, I had the choice via Hertz of a Ford Fusion, a Toyota4Runner or Chevrolet Suburban T6 group, each escalates in price quite a bit, I have ordered one of each and have a few days before to cancel the other 2, so what should I go for, 2 adults, 1 older and 1 younger child, want comfort and will not have too much baggage unless I take advantage of your silly cheap prices over there. Was thinking of just going for the Chevrolet unless anyone thinks the Toyota would do the job which is a lot cheaper.

By the way my iPhone X 256GB Silver was ÂŁ1,149 here, so $1,516 USD, standard price in the UK and what Apple charge. I am sure I will find some bargains over there as London is SO expensive!

I lived in LA for year, it's a nice quiet little town. [emoji23]

It's huge, but you can experience almost all of what it is like here within a couple of hours of there. Mountains, beaches, desert, Las Vegas, monster city and small towns, Los Angeles has it all.

How much time do you have? The Pacific Northwest is beautiful, Colorado will bring memories that will amaze you years later. The Midwest is so green you won't believe it. Texas is... well, Texas - not much else to say there. The Florida beaches, between Pensacola and Panama City are white sugar sand beaches, the Appalachian mountains have a very old feel to them and any day in New England is a great day, but especially during Autumn when the leaves are turning.

I've visited or lived in most of our big cities and each has a completely different flavor. Wherever you go while here you will enjoy the trip, and driving adds so much.

We have 10 days as the Christmas school holidays are short here plus it takes a day to get there from London and a day to get back. I have booked a hotel in Las Vegas for Christmas called the Palazzo, it is one of the only ones with a private executive lounge you have access to at certain suite room levels, thought we would live it up over Christmas as a treat, just hope Las Vegas is open on Christmas day and not a ghost town!

We are doing the Northern part as I have seen John Wayne films and don't fancy getting ambushed by Indians in the South :)

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to trying some of that A1 sauce :)

We arrive in Los Angeles then drive to a place called Palm Springs for a couple of days then nip over to Las Vegas for 4 days then popping up to San Francisco for a few days, then down the coast via Santa Barbara back to Los Angeles and home, was going to go to Hollywood but having seen what that shower of crap gets up to I have no interest in going anywhere near the place! I was going to drive from Vegas to SF via Reno but have listened to what you said about snow and ice and will now go back towards LA and then up, it looks pretty simple on the map.

My only problem is the cars over there have strange names so I have no idea what is what, I had the choice via Hertz of a Ford Fusion, a Toyota4Runner or Chevrolet Suburban T6 group, each escalates in price quite a bit, I have ordered one of each and have a few days before to cancel the other 2, so what should I go for, 2 adults, 1 older and 1 younger child, want comfort and will not have too much baggage unless I take advantage of your silly cheap prices over there. Was thinking of just going for the Chevrolet unless anyone thinks the Toyota would do the job which is a lot cheaper.

By the way my iPhone X 256GB Silver was ÂŁ1,149 here, so $1,516 USD, standard price in the UK and what Apple charge. I am sure I will find some bargains over there as London is SO expensive!

The Ford Fusion is a car, it will be comfortable and get good mileage.

The Toyota and Chevrolet are SUVs. The Suburban is larger, the 4Runner is more capable, both are comfortable although I prefer the Toyota by far.

One of my favorite places is Santa Barbara, I used to go there for weekends or just a day all the time. If you are there at the right time you can go on a whale watching cruise, it is a part of the day and you will see Blue Whales, Humpbacks, tons of sea lions and dolphins, and you will never forget it.
IMG_1510412774.374452.jpg

Hope you post up pictures and some of the places you really enjoy while you are here [emoji106][emoji106]

The Ford Fusion is a car, it will be comfortable and get good mileage.

The Toyota and Chevrolet are SUVs. The Suburban is larger, the 4Runner is more capable, both are comfortable although I prefer the Toyota by far.

One of my favorite places is Santa Barbara, I used to go there for weekends or just a day all the time. If you are there at the right time you can go on a whale watching cruise, it is a part of the day and you will see Blue Whales, Humpbacks, tons of sea lions and dolphins, and you will never forget it.
View attachment 37437

Hope you post up pictures and some of the places you really enjoy while you are here [emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks will take your advice and hopefully update you on a Whale trip! Looks like a nice drive down that coast, I heard about the risk of
fog so should feel at home :)