What's new

The "Anything Goes " Thread.

We'll see right now the plan is a straight 6 with a "small" snail 6 & speed tranny

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Straight 6's are the bees knees. I love me some 2jz and rb26 action

Sent from my cellular device

Chris951 said:
Yes a clevor. They have wayyy more potential than a regular 351w. And they're just plain badass

Yeah. The Cleveland heads have larger intake ports. That's why I also suggested the modified 351 since it uses 400 heads.

Ya if the supra drivetrain doesn't work out I'll go with a sbc since I have it already lol

rdub said:
Ya if the supra drivetrain doesn't work out I'll go with a sbc since I have it already lol

If you want to go old school on the straight 6 look at the 226, 215, 223, 262, and I think the 254 was a straight 6 as well.

DRad2003 said:
If you want to go old school on the straight 6 look at the 226, 215, 223, 262, and I think the 254 was a straight 6 as well.

I want newer school, reliability with economy and power and no lsx yes sbc, this is going to be on a small budget build

You can find ls complete engines for 1500 man. Get a 5.3 out of a truck and throw on some ls6 heads and intake with a decent cam and you're lookin at an easy ~400hp for less than $3k

The 300 is a solid newer platform. I was gonna say if you want to get really crazy go with a rotory motor but that would blow away a small budget build unless you could find one pretty cheap.

Chris951 said:
You can find ls complete engines for 1500 man. Get a 5.3 out of a truck and throw on some ls6 heads and intake with a decent cam and you're lookin at an easy ~400hp for less than $3k

Hmmmmm great one more option to ponder over lol

Hmmmmm great one more option to ponder over lol

Lol actually it would be cheaper if you just get an edlebrock and throw a good carb on it. Ls engines are a dime a dozen man. I almost bought a truck just like yours with a carbed 5.3 with ls6 heads and a lunati cam. It was a beast! And that new-school ls sitting under the hood looked so cool lol

Ya I already own an 02 pickup with that motor…lol

Chris951 said:
Lol actually it would be cheaper if you just get an edlebrock and throw a good carb on it. Ls engines are a dime a dozen man. I almost bought a truck just like yours with a carbed 5.3 with ls6 heads and a lunati cam. It was a beast! And that new-school ls sitting under the hood looked so cool lol

+1 LS motors give lots of bang for your buck and are amazingly easy to find in great shape.

Chris951 said:
Yank it out lol

Just might, has posi with disc brakes already too lol