What's new

Texting Apps

sab340

Reaction score
Hi All-

So here is the deal. My girlfriend has an Evo and is moving to Canada for a few months. Problem is, text message and phone calls become expensive. I was wondering if there are any applications that allow for free texting across the different phone systems that will work in Canada. She is going to keep her america-based number and account.

Thanks!

Hi All-

So here is the deal. My girlfriend has an Evo and is moving to Canada for a few months. Problem is, text message and phone calls become expensive. I was wondering if there are any applications that allow for free texting across the different phone systems that will work in Canada. She is going to keep her america-based number and account.

Thanks!

whatsapp is available on both iphone and android

Yeah, whatsapp is very very good, and if you want to go above that you can now use skype to make video calls on iphone.

with watsapp us can send and recive free picture messages too,sorry dono about videos ...

Whatsapp doesn't support video call, it's typicaly an sms messenger app. For video, skype or yahoo apps are there and both work out really good with a great video quality.

t reason i don't konw is i used whatsapp before not anymore i use pingchat now

I see. But what's that pingchat? My correspondants need to also have pingchat install on their device before we can communicate? Or it can go from pingchat to carrier directely? What are the great features of pingchat?

Are there any apps that don't require youth change the nature of your other text messages. I mean, so I don't have to turn mms messaging off and only receive texts via an App?