What's new

text tone problems

everlastuk

Reaction score
hi guys ive got a iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1, recently ive been trying to upload some new tones etc to my phone, thing is this morning when i received a text from a friend i noticed the text tone i selected wasnt the one that played when i received the text, its really really confusing me because when i go to settings-sounds-text tone the actual tone i want plays the tone but when i receive a text it wont play the tone but instead it just plays a standard tone, no matter what tone i select in settings i will still get the standard tone when a text is received. However my email send and receive tones work when changed, basically tones for anything else work its just for text tones.
This is so damn confusing i just cant get it to work, have i deleted a important .caf file? can someone please dig me out of this, please dont reply back with reinstalling the whole IOS i really dont wanna do that.

thank u guys

hi guys ive got a iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1, recently ive been trying to upload some new tones etc to my phone, thing is this morning when i received a text from a friend i noticed the text tone i selected wasnt the one that played when i received the text, its really really confusing me because when i go to settings-sounds-text tone the actual tone i want plays the tone but when i receive a text it wont play the tone but instead it just plays a standard tone, no matter what tone i select in settings i will still get the standard tone when a text is received. However my email send and receive tones work when changed, basically tones for anything else work its just for text tones.
This is so damn confusing i just cant get it to work, have i deleted a important .caf file? can someone please dig me out of this, please dont reply back with reinstalling the whole IOS i really dont wanna do that.

thank u guys

Hi. Is your phone jailbroken?

The ringtones have to be m4r format. Are they the correct format and are they showing in your phone?

The text tone you can change (if you want a personalized text tone for a specific contact), if you go to that contact, and EDIT, and go down where it says text tone, and choose a different tone. This should work.

thats not the problem, for some reason none of my text tones work, im talking about the original ones on the fone, if i was to select for example bloom, or bell, or even Anticipate, i would get the same standard tone, no matter what i do the text tone wont change. Do u get what i mean?