What's new

Text tone double or repeats

Hi, I'm on o2 not jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 my iPhone 4s started doing it after the update. I switch it off then back on this stops it for about 7 to 10 messages then it starts again. Strange.

I too am having this problem, and have reviewed ALL the forum postings I can find on the subject. Some have asserted that the problem is resolved, but it IS NOT. I have tested ALL the possible settings and configurations, including changing the "Repeat Alert" setting to "Never", but the problem remains. As someone has said, it is not a repeat alert, but rather a "hiccup" or a glitch, where the sound starts, but the fraction of a second later repeats itself, like "B'd-B'ding!" instead of just "B'ding!" My conclusion is that this is a software glitch affecting certain phones, and will need to be fixed with an IOS update.

I am having this problem also. Did anyone find a solution?

iOS 5.0.1 bug, nothing more, nothing less. Have not found a fix yet.

I was able to fix the problem by turning off Vibrate in the Sounds settings (not the Vibrate under the Silent heading, but the one grouped with the ringtones).

Downside to this, of course, is that the phone will not vibrate when receiving a text.

vulgate said:
I was able to fix the problem by turning off Vibrate in the Sounds settings (not the Vibrate under the Silent heading, but the one grouped with the ringtones).

Downside to this, of course, is that the phone will not vibrate when receiving a text.

Yeah I noticed this my self. Hopefully apple will fix in the next iOS update.

same problem i'm having with several (sometimes 8-10) hiccupping alert tones when receiving a text message. recently jailbroke my phone. could this cause something else to malfunction?

thanks

ThisIsDarwin said:
same problem i'm having with several (sometimes 8-10) hiccupping alert tones when receiving a text message. recently jailbroke my phone. could this cause something else to malfunction?

thanks

No. This could not cause anything to malfunction simple alert sound bug.

No. This could not cause anything to malfunction simple alert sound bug.

Jailbreaking itself wont. Certain tweaks may cause bugs, specifically if you have two installed that 'clash' with each other...

iGaz said:
Jailbreaking itself wont. Certain tweaks may cause bugs, specifically if you have two installed that 'clash' with each other...

Yes......I agree.

Hey Guys,<br><br>Here's a solution that might help you. Go to the settings-&gt;notifications-&gt;message and OFF the "view in lock screen". Do that for other apps also which causes the same sound.<br><br>This will stop the stammering sound but the downside is it will also stop displaying the messages in the lock screen. But I dont mind that since I was so fed up of the&nbsp;continuos&nbsp;sound which was so&nbsp;embarrassing&nbsp;sometimes. Apple really needs to find a full fix to this.<br><br>Cheers!!<br>AV

vatsup said:
Hey Guys,<br><br>Here's a solution that might help you. Go to the settings->notifications->message and OFF the "view in lock screen". Do that for other apps also which causes the same sound.<br><br>This will stop the stammering sound but the downside is it will also stop displaying the messages in the lock screen. But I dont mind that since I was so fed up of the continuos sound which was so embarrassing sometimes. Apple really needs to find a full fix to this.<br><br>Cheers!!<br>AV

I think I personally would rather deal with the stutter then not have my "slide to open" quick reply on the lock screen.

Then u would have to actually unlock my device to reply to a message.lol.

Try turning the vibrate off in the sound settings. This solved the problem of the double tone but I still want my vibrate on. Help?

I found a package that fixes this. Google it. Cannot post repo here.