What's new

Text notification ????? Hit and Miss

rphillipchuk

Reaction score
I have been to three shops (one being a "Mac" shop) trying to find out why I am being notified by vibration only when receiving a text message..... They have checked all my settings and cannot find anything amiss !!!!!

Sometimes it will give me the tone and sometimes it won't..and when it won't give me tone, it will always vibrate once.... What am I missing here ?

Thanks
Ron

My phone does this when it's connected to one of my Bluetooth headsets.
It sends the tone to the headset instead and only vibrates once.
If I not have the headset in my ears I don't hear the tone.
Would like this to be possible to set how I want it.
So if you use some kind of Bluetooth then try turning Bluetooth off to see if you get notification sound again.
Hope you can find what's causing your problem.

I am very surprised with the issue I am having..... Apple has been in the same ecosystem for umpteen years now, you would think that they would have fine tuned the iphone's Operating System to the "Max".....

I am not a heavy App User......

So Disappointing :(

My iPhone 6+ did that to me all the time. Sometimes I'd get a notification sounds and sometimes not. Those hit or miss problems seemed to start the same time I got my Apple Watch. Not sure if being connected to watch had anything to do with it. Nothing ever "fixed" it though. No issues with my 7+ yet.

I have did some major changes...... I have nothing but "Native Apple " Apps now, See if this makes a dif........... Will keep you posted

Nope !!!! Did not a difference..... Still erratic behavior :(

It is what it is I guess !

Tried to turn off Bluetooth yet?

I am afraid that is not an option for me...... 75% of my workday is in the car ( on the road ), I need the BT on, for all the calls I receive .....

Perhaps when I get home, I will shut the BT off and see what happens..... Will keep you posted .

By "reboot" , can you be more specific ? Will I lose anything ?

Please advise
Ron

No you won't lose anything with a reboot or soft reset.
If you have an iPhone below the 7 and 7 plus, you hold the power and home button down until the phone shows an apple logo on the screen. Then you let go of the buttons.
If you have an iPhone 7 or 7+, you hold one of the volume buttons, don't remember which one, and the power button together until you get the apple logo, and again, let go of the buttons. This will restart the phone and most likely solve your issues.
You can also go into your settings and go to general, then scroll all the way down to reset. Then you go into the reset section and go to reset network settings. Only go to reset network settings and reset them. You won't lose any data this way either. Hope you get it resolved.

No you won't lose anything with a reboot or soft reset.
If you have an iPhone below the 7 and 7 plus, you hold the power and home button down until the phone shows an apple logo on the screen. Then you let go of the buttons.
If you have an iPhone 7 or 7+, you hold one of the volume buttons, don't remember which one, and the power button together until you get the apple logo, and again, let go of the buttons. This will restart the phone and most likely solve your issues.
You can also go into your settings and go to general, then scroll all the way down to reset. Then you go into the reset section and go to reset network settings. Only go to reset network settings and reset them. You won't lose any data this way either. Hope you get it resolved.
It's the volume down and power buttons that you press to restart the iPhone 7 models.