What's new

text messaging with attachments

FilamOK

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me as a newcomer to participate in your forums. My first question is the following: I would like to attach files (other than photos or video clips) to my text messages but find that the iPhone message app does not have that function (as we do, say, with emails from our computers). Is there a solution? or a thread that addresses this question? Thanks.

Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me as a newcomer to participate in your forums. My first question is the following: I would like to attach files (other than photos or video clips) to my text messages but find that the iPhone message app does not have that function (as we do, say, with emails from our computers). Is there a solution? or a thread that addresses this question? Thanks.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Poisonivy, thanks for the welcome and the tips. After spending time with the tips, I did try the following workaround: I emailed to myself the text file that I wanted to use as an attachment. After opening the email message and attachment I used the screen capture feature of the iPhone to make an "image" of the text file which was sent to Camera Roll. I then created a text message and attached the image from Camera Roll. Woila! It is a bit awkward but it served the purpose. The only drawback is that the image is not editable as you would have with a true text file.