What's new

text messages being sent multiple times or not at all

Reaction score
I don't know much about iphones but I have an Iphone 5 and I am having an issue that I hope you can help me with. Sometimes when I send a text, not an imessage, it gives me a "not delivered" with an exclamation point however the message really was delivered. If I click for it to resend then it usually sends it twice but as far as I can tell it has only sent it once. This is really annoying because I do not know for sure if the message was delivered and I don't want to send the message multiple times.

In addition to this I tried experimenting by sending myself text messages and out of about 20 texts send to myself, one didn't even get delivered yet it didn't have a "not delievered" sign attached to it. This is very frustrating, please help.

If it's a text it could be a problem with your provider. I don't see what the big deal is about someone getting a text twice. It doesn't happen that often, does it?

Don't you have a family member you could experiment with as opposed to texting yourself? I think that would be a bit more of a test. If it really has you that concerned perhaps you can have a Genus look at your phone to see if in fact it is the phone.

It is actually a concern if it is sent twice to certain people but why that is is not really something to discuss on this forum. What is a Genus? And also if it is a problem with my provider is there anything I could do to fix it? Thanks. And I will try experimenting with a family member's phone.