What's new

Text conversations disappearing

Robertdabruce

Reaction score
So over the last few days i've noticed several conversations under my messages are completely gone. I'm not talking about certain text messages within a conversation but the entire thread itself. I noticed it the other day and when i would scroll through i noticed that several people that i had a conversation with are completely gone. The only way to delete a convo is to slide left and hit delete or hit edit and click that thread and hit delete. I admit my phone has been acting up for several months ie acting slow or just not responding at times but never like this. I have convos that go back years that are just gone for no reason at all. Has anyone ever had this happened or have any clue why it's doing this? It's very frustrating.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

No idea why it's doing this, but here are a few things to try. Perhaps it will bring back your conversations:

- Turn off the iPhone, then turn it on again.
- Force start your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. As soon as you see it, let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own. This is also called reboot/reset, and might help getting back your iPhone to it's normal behaviour.
- If you have a backup which includes the lost conversations, restore from that backup.
- If you still have problems with your messages, contact your carrier and let them know.

Hope that helps.

image.png
Have a look at Settings/Messages. It may be set to delete messages after a certain period of time.