What's new

Tethering iPhone 4.2.6 on Windows without the extra charge

Newkid34

Reaction score
I basically had a question about using the iPhone 4 v4.2.6 to tether with my laptop so i can use the internet in places without Wi-Fi.

My iPhone is not jailbroken ,yet, and i know i will have to do that to get this to work. Is it possible with a jb iPhone to tether to a pc without paying verizon $20 a month for 2GB's of data?

Can someone confirm that greenpois0n is the appriopriate jb for a iPhone OS 4.2.6?

edit- found the forum with the tutorial on how to jb this version.

This will be my first jb so i want to make sure i do it right.

Thanks.

edit- dammit wrong forum, i didn't see a hacking forum....

Last edited:
Once jailbroken, download Mywi. This will let you tether your phone for a one off fee...

yes I have a verizon iphone and green poison is the right jb. I have a video that shows exactly how to do this. if you wantr the link send me an email. Im afraid to post video in forum. It walks you through step by step. My youtube name is iphone4noob you can find it there also. heres the link maybe its allowed i think so. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxT0ouQkHWo]YouTube - How to Jailbreak Verizon Iphone 4 using Green P0is0n[/ame]

Another good little app which is free is called PDANet. I came across it a couple of days ago. It does pretty much what MyWi does (USB / Wifi / Bluetooth tethering) but is much much smaller in size, and is free to use.

Just move to Canada with Rogers, they don't charge us any monthly fee if you have a data plan of at least 1Gig ;)

VicoPhone Addict!

Just move to Canada with Rogers, they don't charge us any monthly fee if you have a data plan of at least 1Gig ;)

VicoPhone Addict!

Same here in OZ with Optus, I am on a plan and with 2 Gig data and I do not get charged extra.

Another good little app which is free is called PDANet. I came across it a couple of days ago. It does pretty much what MyWi does (USB / Wifi / Bluetooth tethering) but is much much smaller in size, and is free to use.

On the PdaNet site it states that "PdaNet does NOT require root access or hacking your phone's firmware in order to work." Does it mean that i can just use it with the iphone4 without jailbreaking? Because they say that it also serves fo iphones ...

Based on your quote I would say that jailbreaking is not required to use PDAnet...

Is it possible to tether iPad 2 to iPhone 4 by Verizon with 4.2.8 fw. I'm really not figuring this out for some reason

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net by iPhonecaptain.com

You can tether your iPhone to your iPad via the personal hotspot on the phone. I don't think you can do it the other way round. Unless mywi works...

I found the answer. The way toi get your wifi to work through your iPhone 4. All you need is pdanet. It's simple and free. I am using it at this moment to post this from my iPad 2 through my iPhone 4 by using this little app. Awesome. Kudos to the developers

dmitchstevens said:
I found the answer. The way toi get your wifi to work through your iPhone 4. All you need is pdanet. It's simple and free. I am using it at this moment to post this from my iPad 2 through my iPhone 4 by using this little app. Awesome. Kudos to the developers

Edited; this is so simple to do. My iPhone 4 is jb. My iPad 2 is not

Check this out [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVlw15hJtk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited: