What's new

Tell me where this part goes, please!

dynasty240

Reaction score
I have replaced screens on my wife's iphone a few times now, and I have not figured out where to put this piece so I have left it out.
The phone worked fine for a while, but now the light turns on randomly- even with the phone off! (not sure if related or because of a cracked back cover, but assuming it's related)

I'm having trouble uploading pictures at the moment but its a small brass/copper piece that has a screw hole with a 90 degree bend that has two tabs/strips.

Can anyone give me a really detailed picture and or youtube video showing this part being installed?

The last time I put her phone together I did not use about 5 different screws (different lengths/heads) so maybe that also has something to do with it.

Please help me, iphone gurus!

thanks!

Go to the S-W Box website and email someone there. They know what up with that stuff. they could probably answer your question. Just make sure to ask for someone who has "rebuilt iPhone many times". And be sure to mention what device and model you have. Very important.

I believe iFixit has a complete tear down of the iPhone 4/4s.

I believe it goes on where the battery connects or I think there is something similar at the top near the camera. Check them two areas and let us know