What's new

T-mobile settings for iphone 4s needed

jonyolea

Reaction score
On t-mobile network, cant receive texts with media on it, help! ... Why can we have 3g speed on this beautiful phone? :(

On t-mobile network, cant receive texts with media on it, help! ... Why can we have 3g speed on this beautiful phone? :(

Here is the long answer: Making a T-Mobile iPhone is harder than it sounds — Apple News, Tips and Reviews

Cliff notes version: T-Mobile simply can't talk at the frequency your iPhone needs to receive internet data. MMS messages require bandwidth that simply isn't there. SMS is handled because it is a single burst data transmission and doesn't need that much bandwidth.

Need to fix the apn settings

I thought that was only possible if the iPhone was in a GSM area that overlapped for T-Mobile and AT&T on a certain frequency?

I thought that was only possible if the iPhone was in a GSM area that overlapped for T-Mobile and AT&T on a certain frequency?
I was answering the text message part. The 3G is the frequencies.

His question was about "Text with Media" which is the MMS protocol.
You have me stumped... The phone should work with the exception of 3G data speeds with the right apn settings. your link was about the bands to allow the tmobile users to have 3G data... Nevermind