What's new

Synchronising changes made in Outlook to my iPhone

jmt356

Reaction score
I recently downloaded and installed iCloud to my computer and upon launching iCloud, I ticked Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook. I then turned on Contacts and Calendars under Settings | iCloud on my iPhone.
I understood that once I set up iCloud, changes made to my computer will be reflected on my iPhone and vice versa. However, I have added a contact to Outlook and it never updated on my iPhone.
According to http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mmfba7481b, "You can create and edit your contacts by using the Contacts app on iCloud.com from a Mac or Windows web browser. Changes you make are automatically pushed to your iOS devices and computers where you set up iCloud for Contacts."
So I went to iCloud.com and then created a new contact. The new contact was immediately pushed to my Outlook contacts, but it has been nearly days and it still has not appeared on my iPhone 6. Why not? And is there a way to get changes in Outlook to appear on my iPhone?

image.png
On your IPhone, in Settings, check ICloud settings and make sure Contacts are toggled on.

Contacts was turned on. The issue seems to be that I had to go to Outlook | iCloud tab and click Go Online.