What's new

SYNC with iTunes

dabonz

Reaction score
Hello,

Have Question I have songs on my iPhone when i connect I want to sync my songs from iPhone to iTunes it wont sync when i connect so How do I go about that without loosing my song on my iPhone ?

Regards
Dabonz~

Authorize your AppleID on iTunes in the Store dropdown on the top of iTunes. Plug in your device and make sure there aren't any prompts that says that your data will be deleted. If that still doesn't work, you're going to have to manually sync them over using 3rd party applications

Ok Thanks will try that.What third party software you talking about if I need to go that way ?

Regards
Dabonz

iExplorer would be my recommendation. iFunBox works as well. They'll allow you to transfer data to and from your computer and iPhone to each other. It's pretty simple to use since they basically have buttons that says "Music" "Photos" "Videos" "Contacts" and it'll bring you to a directory, kind of like the folders on your PC in say Program Files and whatnot. Once you're in the directory you're looking for, create a folder on your desktop, then select all, drag and drop or copy and paste them into that new folder. That'll back it up onto your computer manually. To sync it back onto your device or onto another device, plug your device in, open up iTunes, then select all of the items in the folder of stuff that you just backed up (music, contacts, etc), and drag and drop them over your iPhone on the left hand taskbar on iTunes and it'll sync.

Hi,

Thanks signed in to itunes to autherize my computer and when i hit the sync in music it says that iTunes will replace my libary on my iPhone ..why is it so complicated with iTunes

Last edited:
There might be another library on your computer from another device. You might have to create another library then sync those songs over. Or if the songs on this iPhone are all the songs you need and the existing ones aren't needed anymore, you can back them up using iExplorer/iFunBox, drag those songs back into iTunes library, wipe your current library and re-sync again.

Yeah Tried that not seeing the music contents when in windows explorer

Yeah Tried that not seeing the music contents when in windows explorer
No you cant see them with Windows Explorer
First get the music copied from the phone as Willerz suggests, and into your iTunes library
What meant was when you connect to iTunes you will see this window which is where you can take control of how you put stuff on your phone

$itunes summary tab.jpg

At the bottom you see Manually Manage Music And Videos
Tick, then drag and drop from your iTunes library
iTunes will ask you to apply these changes. Say yes

Ok my GF drive crapped out so she sync her itunes to her iPhone now she has clean drive now we want the songs from her phone to go into iTunes or sync her phone to itunes but below is what we get unless we missing a step

if to small >>> http://leetleech.org/images/56175754745986356359.png

I appreciate all your feed back ..I think i'm going to have to go see the apple guy lol

56175754745986356359.png

Last edited:
IExplorer isn't Internet explorer or the explorer on Windows, it's a literal app that download on your computer called iExplorer by Macroplant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 