What's new

Sync Issue with Apps

lstori22

Reaction score
Hi I'm a iPhone newbie, got the iPhone 4S on launch day. I'm having an issue when syncing with iTunes. I buy my apps on my iPhone and arrange them in folders but when I sync with iTunes it removes them from the folders. I have to manually put them back, not a huge issue but I'd like to see if there is a setting I'm missing or something? Thanks!

Try arranging the apps in iTunes, just drag and drop them into folders and then drag them to the pages you want them to be on. It's tedious. but my apps, folders and pages stay put when syncing with iTunes. I download all my apps and updates, in iTunes, that way I don't have to download/update them individually for my iPod Touch's, iPhone and iPad, then I sync them to each device from iTunes. Haven't had any problems with folders or pages that way. I know it's a PITA, but it seems to work fine. To check for updates in iTunes, click on "Apps" in the left hand column, then at the bottom right, click on Check for updates, then at the right top click download, that way you can get all updates at one time. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will try this on my next sync!