What's new

Switching from iphone 5 before the ending of contract

i5user

Reaction score
I have a 2 year contract with verizon

How much EXTRA they will charge me if i switch to galaxy 4 when i am only one year into contract

Why switch ....?
What was released today is nothing wonderful... Just a big hype.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If its anything like here in the uk they will want you to pay off the remainder of the contract. Sometimes they do it at a discounted rate. It will be hundreds of dollars I'm sure. Best thing is to see how much you can sell the iPhone 5 for to get some money towards paying it off if thats what you really want.

Verizon 's numbers are probably different but the ETF on AT&T is $325, prorated by $10 for every month of contract completed.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Directly from VZW's User Agreement...
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363351862.529924.jpg

I say wait another 6 months. You can renew your contract and use the free phone upgrade 6 months prior to the actual end of your contract, so if you're at a year or more already, another few months will save you about $200 if you want to terminate, or about $700 if you want to buy the S4 at MSRP and just switch the phone and not terminate the contract.

Smart thinking willerz

I wasnt aware of that 6 months rule

Standard for most carriers in the US... primary line can be upgraded 6 months early and all other lines 3 months early.

Of course, this only applies if your contract is in good standing.

Verizon charges a $350 etc fee that decrees $10 per month from the start of the contract. If u wanna jump to the s4 you can sell ur iPhone on ebay or craigslist to cover your etf, that's what I usually do

Sent from my Galaxy S3